Are you a sociable person with limited time who'd like to do something about youth homelessness?
The Community Champion role could be just the thing for you!
As a small, community-orientated charity with our funding focused on service delivery, we need help from outgoing people to raise our profile throughout Brighton & Hove’s many communities (and surrounding areas). Residents are ideally placed to connect with local public places, groups, events and businesses.
Our community champions help us to create and maintain a presence in each community. You don't need to have existing contacts - this role is an opportunity to connect more with your community. Your hours are flexible - just 4-6 hours a month, at times that suits you.
We welcome anyone with a desire to help and the drive to make a difference. All you need is:
- Good communication skills – a ‘people person’
- A pragmatic, adaptable approach, to make the most of opportunities and to spend time where it will achieve the best outcomes.
- A commitment to the values and principles of diversity, equality and inclusion and ability to volunteer within Sussex Nightstop’s policies in this area.
- Ability to log and report activity.
This is a rewarding role that will benefit you with:
- Involvement in a vital community project that helps to prevent homelessness in our city.
- Access to our training program through which you can (if you wish) acquire additional knowledge and skills in areas such as safeguarding, equal opportunities and diversity, communication, behaviour and attachment.
- The opportunity to meet a wide and diverse range of people and through this to broaden your life perspective through an increased understanding and knowledge of the issues facing vulnerable people.
Please consider joining our community response to youth homelessness. To find out more and apply, please contact our Comms & Engagement Lead, Liz by email: [email protected]