Volunteers are the heart of Sussex Nightstop
Get involved in a vital community project that helps to prevent homelessness in our city and in return we’ll provide:
- a comprehensive training program through which you will acquire new knowledge and skills
- an opportunity to meet a wide and diverse range of people and with it the chance to broaden your life perspective
- the chance to be a part of the Sussex Nightstop community with the opportunity to meet and make friends with other like-minded people
- the opportunity to develop your volunteering role to other areas of Sussex Nightstop
- reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses incurred through your volunteering
Sussex Nightstop welcomes volunteers from all backgrounds and communities. We particularly welcome people from BAME communities and people who identify as LGBTQ+.
Our Hosts are there to provide a safe night sleep to Nightstop guests through a warm welcome, an evening meal, washing facilities, access to a private bedroom, breakfast and, most importantly, a listening ear or a bit of ‘space’ – whichever is needed.
On Call Volunteers
Our On-call volunteers provide a point of contact for our volunteer hosts and guests outside of office hours. Through guidance and reassurance they are there to facilitate safe guest placements that have been fully risk-assessed and set up by Nightstop staff.
Community Events Volunteers
Our Community Events volunteers raise awareness of Sussex Nightstop by representing the organisation at various events across the city whether through giving talks and presentations, managing a stall at community fair or cheering on others who are fundraising on our behalf.
Volunteers who fundraise for Sussex Nightstop organise and take part in all kinds of activities. Please see our fundraising and donations page for a few ideas. All fundraising donations are gratefully received and make a difference to the support we can provide to vulnerable people.
Our active Trustee Board over-see the strategic management and finances of Sussex Nightstop. Our Trustees come from a range of backgrounds, bringing with them a range of skills and experience and a shared passion to support people at risk of homelessness.
Current volunteer roles we are recruiting to:
We are currently recruiting Host Volunteers and On Call Volunteers. If you are interested and would like to hear more about what’s involved please do get in touch via our website contact page. We’d love to hear from you.