#SleepSafe – Help us provide a safe place to sleep every night of the week
As a result of being one of the Brighton & Hove Mayor’s Charities this year we are really excited to be offering the opportunity for two runners to participate in the Brighton Marathon 2020.
Date: Sunday 19 April 2020
Brighton Marathon is a special event that’s becoming more and more popular every year. The setting and spectator-lined streets make for a truly rewarding experience and our staff team should know. Having smashed the Brighton 10k in 2019, our staff member Sian is back for more… graduating to the Marathon in 2020!
Why not join Sian to raise the funds needed to support important work keeping young people safe from the dangers of rough-sleeping?
How do I get a place?
We want to make sure that the Sussex Nightstop Brighton Marathon 2020 is the best experience for everyone involved and we’ll be allocating these two places through an application process as follows:
- Please write to us telling us why you are the person that we should chose to run and represent Sussex Nightstop in the Marathon and your plans for how you might smash the £500 fundraising target
- Please include a contact telephone number in your email
Please email your application to Emily on [email protected] Closing dates for applications are 5pm on Friday 30th August 2019 and you will be notified if you are successful the following week.
What is expected of you?
We are asking everyone running on behalf of Sussex Nightstop to:
- Pay a returnable* deposit of £100 (*subject to conditions)
- Raise a minimum fundraising target of £500 for Sussex Nightstop
- Participate in marketing activity undertaken by Sussex Nightstop to promote the event, including consent to use a photo of you
How does the money you raise support us?
Sussex Nightstop provides a safety net for young people aged 16-25, preventing them from becoming homeless by matching them with volunteer hosts who put them up in their spare room on a night-by-night basis. Homelessness is a community issue and opening up a spare room is a way in which the local community can positively respond. Sleeping rough and other temporary living arrangements have a considerable and chronic negative effect. Our hosts give young people a safe space from which to resolve their housing problems. From safe, secure accommodation they have the best chance of seizing positive opportunities, enabling them to be active participants of and contributors to the local community.
Funds raised will be used to deliver our service for young people including the recruitment and support of volunteer hosts.
How will we support you?
Aside from lots of support and encouragement we will provide:
- Entrance to Brighton Marathon 2020
- Sussex Nightstop running t-shirt
- Support and guidance around any marketing activity
- A link to our Sussex Nightstop Local Giving Page